About Dinara



Hello, 2024!

It just dawned on me, that this year marks a decade since I left my corporate job and began my freelance journey, thanks in large to my dear art agent and mentor Chrystal Falcioni and her art agency @magnetreps. Back in those days the Instagram vibe was totally different – the era of random photos and saturated filters LOL ))) Some folks have remained, others have left, and a few have joined along the way. Perhaps, it’s time for me to re-introduce myself.

My name is Dinara, I’m a folk artist, deeply fascinated by all things handcrafted, embracing the beauty in their imperfections. The term “Folk Art” means the art of people, typically created by amateur self-taught artists, who simply can’t stop painting – that’s me! I can’t stop painting

A few fun facts about me:

I tend to express my excitement with an excessive use of exclamation points!!!!
✴ Despite this misleading photo, I’m not a fan of ice-cream.
✴ I have a degree in Computer Science, but instead I’m a self-taught illustrator.
✴ I work at CIA. I mean I teach at the Cleveland Institute of Art, or CIA. It still cracks me up to say that I work at CIA.
✴ I’m an immigrant from Uzbekistan – a country in Central Asia. English is not language.
✴ I got to shake Ban Ki-Moon’s hand (a former UN Secretary-General), it was very soft and squishy!
✴ I’m an amateur runner (I ran 5 half-marathons and 1 full marathon)
✴ I LOOOOOOVE to travel! Invite me over for your speaking or workshop events and I will have my backpack ready before you can even finish your sentence ))

Big thanks to the amazing art directors who have put up with me all these years, and who have hired me for my quirky art style! I also appreciate the wonderful people who have supported my little online shop.

What’s next? Currently I’m working on writing and illustrating a children’s book. Plus, there are a few exciting speaking events too that involve traveling.


Find me here 
www.mirdinara.com
Magnet Reps Agency
Behance
Directory of Illustration
Patreon
Amazon: amazon.com/author/mirdinara
Etsy: mirdinara.etsy.com
Instagram: www.instagram.com/mirdinara
FB: www.facebook.com/dinaramirtalipova

Comments

Popular Posts